Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas stockings

Wow! I am so behind with my blogging. I have taken a ton of pictures lately but just haven't found the time to edit them all. Jared has had the last two weeks off school so I've been trying to stay away from the computer and enjoy family time. It really has been a wonderful two weeks full of a lot of fun memories.

The Tuesday before Christmas we headed up to Show Low to be with my family. While we were there my sisters and I all made stockings for our families. We all did them so different but they all turned out so cute!

I decided to take an old pair of jeans and cut them up to make my family's stockings. Once I got the first stocking put together I was trying to figure out what I wanted to put on the front of each one. I "pleaded" with Jared to draw something for me on his and he decided to draw Santa. Well, the first one turned out so cute I begged him to do the other three. I'm so happy with how they turned out! Jared spent a lot of time painting them and I'm grateful. Although he didn't really plan on doing it, it turned out to be one of my favorite Christmas gifts. I love when Jared uses his amazing talent!



My sister Natalie bought old white sweaters and turned them into stockings. So cute!!! Sadly I didn't get a picture of all three of hers but here's Claire in her Daddy's stocking (her stocking was a little smaller so she wouldn't fit in it:)


Here's the ones my sister Christy made. Sorry it isn't the best picture but you get the idea. I love how they turned out also! She did a great job!

3 comments:

Jennifer Larson said...

Those are so cute what a good idea. I love the drawings your husband did.

Karli said...

Ooh, you made the stockings. Love them. Seriously, Jared's artistic ability surprises me every time. Amazing! Love how all three sets of stockings turned out. I love getting crafty with sisters. We should do it sometime... since we're basically sisters :)

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

Jared did such an amazing job!